Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My Love Story

WARNING: Mushy Love Story. If you are anti-love or don't like a good tale, scroll on you ninny.

Can I tell you a story? I pinky promise it won't be boring. This story is the best story in the whole world. It's a love story. Can I? Please?

I'm a pretty complicated person. I don't like making decisions, I hate going out and socializing, and I worry way too much about what other people think of me. So when I met Daryn Stanley, I didn't really expect it to go anywhere.

Boy, was I wrong. 

Carol Sorenson is probably one of my favorite people on this planet. She's a little old lady whom I met while working at a salon. Carol had a weekly appointment to get her hair washed and set by my boss, and since I was rarely busy with my own clients, I would chat with her or her daughter, LeeAnne. After knowing Carol for about a year, she started to tell me about her grandson. He was serving an LDS mission in San Diego and I probably should meet him when he gets home. Now, I'd been set up plenty of times before, which hadn't gone down so well, so I wasn't all that interested in doing it again; however, all Carol ever did was tell me about him... until I got to work on Friday April 6, 2012 (yes, I'm that much of a wierdo that I remember the exact day). My boss informed me that Carol's grandson was bringing her in for her appointment today and I was to cut his hair. Oh joy. I distinctly remember what I was wearing that day - and it wasn't good. My appearance didn't bother me too much, however, because I figured this wasn't going to go anywhere anyways. He was going to be short. And unattractive. And probably awkward.

Boy, was I wrong.

In walks a towering 6' 5" (ish) hunk of a guy. And I start freaking out inside. He's gorgeous! Oh no, what if I screw up his hair? He's so tall! What the heck was I thinking when I got dressed this morning?! Just breathe. 

The haircut went well, as did the conversation regardless of the fact that the guy had only been home from his mission for about three weeks! I couldn't help but notice cute little Carol watching us from the back of the salon. Half an hour later and he was gone. So what did I do? I texted the following to my sister: "I'm in love".

Little did I know how much I really was.


Ben & Jerry's, board-games with my family, hotdogs and s'mores, an unexpected kiss (by me), and a volleyball game later and I had a boyfriend.


Fast forward exactly one year, one month, and 7 months later and I had a fiance. (see proposal here)





Three-ish months after that and I now have a husband. The best husband. My Daryn. He's my other half, and he's absolutely 110% perfect for me. I'm one lucky girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment